4DMapper has partnered with Klau Geomatics to offer an end-to-end solution for high accuracy mapping, with streamlined photogrammetry processing on Autodesk Forge, a cloud developer platform, delivering unmatched quality in 3D maps and models.
4DMapper, an established provider of cloud hosting and streaming services for geospatial data, has enabled this collaboration via API integrations as an example of how geospatial products can be leveraged on the cloud.
KlauPPK, a powerful PPK geo-referencing hardware/software solution, enables high accuracy mapping without the need to place ground control points. The system uses a sophisticated proprietary methodology for camera positioning, calibration and photo tagging, essential steps for creating accurate 3D models and maps.
The combined solution is a synergy of these three professional geospatial products, enabling reliable, survey grade mapping, turning drones into precise, efficient mapping machines. The new offering comprises:
- a plug-and-play KlauPPK kit, configured for drones or manned aircraft, enabling accurate (3cm XYZ) geo-tagging of captured photos
- direct integration with Autodesk ReCap Photo cloud-based photogrammetry, and
- 4DMapper’s cloud platform for 3D geospatial data management, visualization, collaboration and delivery.
4DMapper provides rapid data viewing and sharing, with efficient workflow tools for asset inspection, virtual surveying, and geospatial analytics.
The combined end-to-end solution saves time and money by eliminating the pain points in aerial mapping:
- Improve efficiency in the field. No site access required to place ground control points,
- Leverage the processing power of the cloud. No local hardware/software requirements for photogrammetry processing
- Leverage your data on the cloud. Enable immediate visualisation, analytics, sharing, collaboration… on a web browser.
- Turn your drone into an accurate machine for mapping, surveying and asset inspection.
“This is not a prescriptive solution”, states Rob Klau, Klau Geomatics Director. “Surveyors can use Verity Positioning with their usual desktop software, and drone operators can still access the Autodesk ReCap Photo processing service from their 4DMapper account without a KlauPPK kit (using traditional GCPs) to create and visualize 3D maps and models.”
“By integrating with the Autodesk Forge Platform, 4D Mapper and Verity Positioning may now offer their customers an improved reality capture workflow and a more data rich outcome while breaking down the typical data siloes,” said Dominique Pouliquen, Senior Manager, Reality Solutions Business Development, Autodesk.
Contact us today or visit us at InterGeo in Berlin (booth 2.056, next to Autodesk) to find out more!