KlauPPK Software for the Phantom 4 RTK
KlauPPK software enables professional users to achieve the most accurate and reliable results with their P4RTK drone without running it in RTK mode. PPK does not require a real-time connection to the base. Not only does this save users the time in the field, but the data collected is complete, no losses due to communications links or range means better data quality, and as it is post-processed the solution is more rigorous than a real time RTK solution.
- No Survey Equipment Required. DJI’s P4 RTK requires at least 3 GCPs to achieve the best possible accuracy. The KlauPPK software offers a proven, effective method to collect ground control points using just the drone, reducing the field time and operational costs.
- Integrated Base Station Data. KlauPPK software has seamlessly integrated both free and commercial CORS data sources in most parts of the world. This enables users to process their PPK data without having to set up a base station or search for the right data.
- 3D Lever Arm Correction. This feature brings even more precision to the computed results by modelling the 3D offset between the GPS antenna and the camera centre, or lever arm, which changes as the drone tilts in different directions, to determine the exact camera centre position for each photo.
- Geoid and Coordinate System Support. KlauPPK software converts the default WGS84 geographic coordinates from the DJI P4RTK to any published coordinate system and applies the geoid separation. Users can also add a new coordinate system, perform datum transformations and site localization to calculate accurate camera positions in their local site frame of reference.
- Smart Geotagging. Computed high-accuracy camera positions with their horizontal and vertical accuracy values can be written to the image EXIF data, or to a text file with other survey report information. The accuracy values are applied in photogrammetry processing software, again helping to achieve the best possible results.
Added efficiency, reliability and accuracy.
UAV PPK Georeferencing System for Precision Surveying.
The Klau PPK direct georeferencing system, a synergy of hardware, software and methodology, is the most accurate precision surveying technology and PPK georeferencing for drones.
KlauPPK adds unprecedented accuracy and efficiency to your UAV and manned aerial mapping operations, both in the field and in photogrammetry data processing.
The Klau Geomatics PPK system plugs onto most drones, including DJI, to collect high precision data, resulting in 3cm XYZ ground accuracy in any global or local coordinate system.
Aerial surveying with UAVs traditionally needed many ground control points across the site to achieve reasonable absolute geo-positioning accuracy. With the KlauPPK system there is a simple, effective solution to save hours or days of field time.
With Klau PPK direct georeferencing, UAVs can cover larger areas in a single flight by reducing the side overlap down to 40%.
Thanks to the pre-calibrated cameras that come as part of the Klau PPK direct georefrencing system for DJI drones, data processing takes significantly less time as your photogrammetry processing software needs less photos and doesn’t have to estimate the camera positions and calibration parameters.
Save time and money while increasing accuracy and efficiency.
This is a premium precision drone surveying technology.
Way more than just GPS hardware, the KlauPPK system is a complete turnkey solution to turn your drone into an accurate mapping machine:
- Accurate absolute 3D data capture on your UAV. Plug-and-play hardware installation, easy operation, sophisticated geo-tagging software.
- Unlike other solutions, KlauPPK is precisely synchronised with the camera sensor to ensure exact (1ms) middle of exposure timing, providing highly accurate camera positions at any speed.
- 555 channel all-constellation multi-frequency positioning solution including GPS, GLONASS, Galileo, BeiDou, QZSS and IRNSS L1/L2/L5 powered by Novatel OEM 7 series with hot swap-able batteries for extended operation.
- No need for field surveying. Save time and money without spending hours in field. Blanket your entire site in aerial control points, improve efficiency with minimal site access while achieving the highest possible absolute mapping accuracy.
- Compatible with most UAVs and cameras, including DJI, the Klau PPK positioning system enables you to fly your missions as you do now, but achieve far better results, increase productivity and efficiency.
- 3D lever arm corrections apply offsets and aircraft tilts to produce exact camera positions.
- Use your drone to survey accurate ground check points.
- Post-process GNSS data in any global or local site coordinate system using your own base station, VRS or CORS network. “No-Base Station” solution available in some countries with direct access to Hexagon Smartnet.
- Define and create your local site coordinate system or use your existing local site calibration data.
- Calibrated cameras for DJI drones to significantly reduce photogrammetric processing time and achieve unprecedented XYZ ground accuracy.
- Optional end-to-end cloud photogrammetry and data management, visualization and collaboration with 4DMapper and Autodesk, leveraging the power of the cloud.
- Solid customer support by professional photogrammetrists and surveyors.
Latest News, Updates & Press
STRABAG, one of the largest construction companies in Europe, adopts KLAUPPK high precision drone surveying technology
STRABAG is a European tech company for construction services with about 73.000 employees worldwide. In early August, the first KlauPPK [...]
Klau Geomatics releases the ‘DJI Phantom4Pro Surveyor’ for accurate surveying and inspection without ground control points
Klau Geomatics, an Australian geospatial innovation company, announced today the KlauPPK enabled ‘DJI Phantom4Pro Surveyor’, a small drone for accurate [...]
Australia’s largest geospatial solutions retailer brings the high precision KlauPPK module to the construction, mining and mapping industry.
Position Partners, Australia’s largest retailer of positioning and geospatial solutions for surveying, mining and civil construction, have partnered with Klau Geomatics [...]